Looking for a Communications Intern who loves to communicate!
We’re looking for help with marketing, writing, media and public relations, production and web management. This is a great learning opportunity working with our social media and web experts!
- Implement integrated communication plan for our various programs using different media channels such as advertising, newsletters, social media, email, website content, media and public relations.
- Ensure the consistency of brand standards, messaging, mission, vision, and values with all audiences and communities
- Develop and manage the organization’s social media strategy and content.
- Maintain the GlobalVillageConnect.org website on an on-going basis and develop content to support all other media strategies
- Manage and coordinate marketing and promotion for organization events.
- Coordinate media outreach and coverage with media releases, TV/radio interviews, feature stories, and other public relations activities.
- Manage photography and videography needs for/of events, activities, and general awareness for use in publications and media, and ensure proper releases are signed and filed.
- Maintain organization’s graphics and photo files.
- Support the achievement of revenue and program participation goals.
Qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Associate degree in communications, marketing or a closely related field, either earned or in progress. Equivalent combination of education and experience also considered.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, experience writing for websites, newsletters, marketing literature, social media, and public relations materials.
- Must be an excellent written and oral communicator.
- Basic experience with communication production, such as design and layout, website content management, video and audio production techniques and strategies, social media management and distribution, mobile technologies, and e-learning tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite software and WordPress web content management system, a plus
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and build a portfolio of successful print and digital marketing pieces.
- Strong planning, organization and implementation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach to assignments, one with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, solve problems with limited supervision, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
15 – 20 hrs/month
Unpaid internship to begin, possibility of paid work after 3 months
How to apply:
Send resumé and 3 writing samples or link to your sample work to: email@example.com