Join us voluntouring in South Africa
This trip was designed specifically for teens. If you are interested in a future teen trip or would like Global Village Connect to organize a community outreach trip for your group, use the Questions about travel … form on this page to contact us.
Here’s a sampling of activities from this recent trip to South Africa.
- 2 1/2 days service work in Cape Town township
- Visited to Boulders to see the African penguin
- Trip by cable car up Table Mountain
- Visited to the V&A Waterfront
- Boat trip and museum tour of Robben Island and a educational talk with a ex Robben Island prisoner
- District Six museum tour
- Gumboot dancing
- Djembe drumming
- Visited Bo Kaap and have a Malay cooking lesson and dinner
- Bicycle township tour
- 4 days working in the Kruger area in eco-conservation
- Morning, afternoon and nocturnal game drives
- Elephant interaction
- Shark conservation talk
- Shark cage dive
Eco-children’s project at Klaserie Private Nature Reserve
Our group volunteered at the Klaserie Private Nature Reserve not far from Kruger National Park. We joined with a group of Australian volunteers and youth from the Hoedspruit and Acornhoek areas to build eight, keyhole-shaped gardens in the schoolyard. Mornings focused on garden-building activities and in the afternoon children and volunteers played games, such as soccer and netball.
Sports coaching and development
The focus of this volunteer activity was to help fill the gaps created when the South African government removed physical education from the school curriculum. Our volunteers worked alongside coaches and assisted in township schools in Khayelitsha and Langa. The goal was to uplift the community through sports and physical education in addition to educating and empowering through lessons on health and nutrition.
More trip information …
- Read the trip details page
- Read journal entries and testimonials from past participants
- Learn about trips to other countries
Our travel agency partner, Kuchanga Travel, specializes in coordinating volunteer and adventure trips in Kenya, Nicaragua, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.