Join us voluntouring in Uganda
Or, if you’re interested in a future trip to Uganda or would like Global Village Connect to organize a community outreach trip for your group, use the Questions about travel … form on this page to contact us.
Here’s a sampling of activities from one of our recent trips to Uganda.
- Spent 5 days visiting with our partner school, Buppala Primary School, and the Buppala community
- Spent 2 days teaching
- Helped with our organic farm
- Got a taste of village life in Uganda
- Visited with Give a goat program recipients
- Participated in a photo and video project with primary school kids
- Learned how to make Ugandan crafts
- Immersed ourselves in local Ugandan culture
Buppala Primary School outreach & education
We toured the garden and tree farm that we helped to plant with the school. Best of all, we worked on a video and photography project with the students.
Namutumba craft making
We visited the Namutumba community in the eastern part of Uganda. where we learned how to make beaded bracelets and necklaces from recycled paper, among the crafts which women in the village sell for the US market through bead parties and via our online store.
Give a goat project
As part of the Give a goat program, we learned alongside students how to care for goats and delivered 50 goats on our last day with the school.
- Hike Sipi Falls
- Roast coffee with a local organic coffee farmer
- Gorillas trekking at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- 3-day wildlife safari at Murchison Falls
More trip information …
- Read the trip details page
- Read journal entries and testimonials from past participants
- Learn about trips to other countries
Our travel agency partner, Kuchanga Travel, specializes in coordinating volunteer and adventure trips in Kenya, Nicaragua, South Africa, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.